August 17, 2015
Here’s an opportunity for you to evaluate your attitude toward others and the situations you could find yourself in.
This survey may help you to assess how positive or negative you tend to be overall and determine if any areas need some attention. Beside each question, write the number that most closely represents your answer most of the time. Go with your first reaction!
3 – Mostly Yes 2- Sometimes 1 – Mostly No
1. Am I friendly?
2. Do I refrain from being a complainer?
3. Can I be optimistic when others are depressed?
4. Do I have a sense of duty and responsibility?
5. Do I control my temper?
6. Do I speak well of my employer?
7. Do I feel well most of the time?
8. Do I follow directions willingly, asking questions when necessary?
9. Do I keep promises?
10. Do I organize my work and keep up with it?
11. Do I readily admit my mistakes?
12. Is it easy for me to like nearly everyone?
13. Can I stick to a tough task without being prodded?
14. Do I realize my weaknesses and attempt to correct them?
15. Can I take being teased?
16. Do I avoid feeling sorry for myself?
17. Am I courteous to others?
18. Am I neat in my personal appearance and work habits?
19. Do I respect the opinions of others?
20. Can I adapt to new and unexpected situations readily?
21. Am I tolerant of other people’s beliefs?
22. Do I refrain from sulking when things go differently than I’d like?
23. Am I a good listener?
24. Am I the kind of friend I would like others to be?
25. Can I disagree without being disagreeable?
26. Am I normally punctual?
27. Do I consider myself a courteous driver?
28. Do I speak well of others?
29. Can I take criticism without being resentful or feeling hurt?
30. Do I look at the bright side of things?
31. Can I work with someone I dislike?
32. Am I pleasant to others even when I feel displeased about something?
33. Am I enthusiastic about the interests of others?
34. Do I tend to be enthusiastic about whatever I do?
35. Am I honest and sincere with others?
Scoring: There are 35 questions; the maximum score would be 105. Total your score and rate yourself according to the following scale:
95 – 105
Your positives are terrific!
75 – 94
Your positives are admirable!
45 – 74
Your positives need more polish in certain areas.
Your positives have almost fizzled out. Take a close look at your attitude. You may need to pay particular attention to those questions you answered with a 1. Can you see any room for improvement here?
The Tips for Coping with Stress page might offer you some ideas and assistance as well.
© Wordscapes® (David Turner). All Rights Reserved.